Day 10 of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge - Ducky Tea by George De Chiara

Ducky Tea
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just one cent!

I started my morning taking our little girl to the doctor. She came home from daycare yesterday with a nasty fever. My wife and I spent the night caring for her and managed to get her fever down a bit, but we still wanted her to get checked out today. After I got home with her, she was feeling a little better and even managed to play a little. When she went down for a nap, I spent some time looking through her toys for ideas. Now, I should have most of them committed to memory at this point, since I spend a portion of each night picking them up and putting them away, a chore I can't wait for her to take over soon, but at 20 months I just don't think she grasps this concept quite yet. At any rate, I really like the colorful quirky little things some of her toys come with. These little tea cups are one such example. Great color and smily faces on them to boot. I already had picked out the rubber duck and thought the two of them would go together well. When I set up this still life I wanted to have some drama to the light, so I used one of the many toy bins we have to block some of the light and give the background some depth and mystery. At least I hope I did:)

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

Comments

Suzy Pal Powell said…
George, I am enjoying your daily paintings! i Wish i could get one a day done! I am working on a big commission, and it has taken all my time! good luck to the 50th!
Thanks Suzy! I'm actually lookin forward to working on some larger paintings again. Doing these smaller one's have given me a lot of ideas for larger works. Good luck with your commission :)

Popular Posts