Day 5 of the 50 day painting challenge - On the Spot by George De Chiara

On the Spot
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid is ONE CENT!

We seem to have a lot of fruit in the house these days. Our 20 month old daughter just can't get enough, so we keep things well stocked. I don't mind since I like to use fruit in my still life paintings and it's nice to have lots of models to choose from. For today's painting, I grabbed some of the many plums we have along with the last apple and pear. This is the first traditional still life arrangement I've tried with this square format. It presents some interesting compositional challenges. I kept finding that I had edges falling on the center mark if I wasn't careful. To avoid this, I used my view finder that has hash marks on the center to constantly view my arrangement and make adjustments. Once I was happy with my set up, I was able to start painting. I have short step-by-step demo of this painting coming to life on my blog.

To see more of my work and view my blog, please visit my web site at:
http://georgedechiara.com/

Comments

Popular Posts