Day 6 of the 50 day painting challenge - Sweet and Sour by George De Chiara

Sweet and Sour
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just ONE penny.

For today's painting, I wanted to continue to explore the compositional possibilities of the fruit I used yesterday. I changed out the apple for an orange - just for a change of color and texture. I also did not use the pear again, but something close to the same shape, a sugar bowl. The sugar bowl caught my eye this morning sitting in our cupboard. I knew as soon as I saw it sitting in the cabinet that I wanted to use it in my painting today. I really like the color and design of it. To see complete step-by-step pictures of this painting coming to life, visit my blog.

To see more of my work and all of the challenge paintings so far, visit my web site at
http://georgedechiara.com/

Comments

Popular Posts