Day 7 of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge - You Think That Means Me? by George De Chiara

You Think That Means Me?
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just ONE CENT!

Day 7 of my painting challenge. Wow, this first week has flown by! I've wanted to paint this picture for some time. It's from a photograph I took last year while my wife and I where on vacation in Corpus Christi. One day, we stopped at one of the little fishing piers scattered around the bay side of the gulf to do some exploring when I spotted this seagull sitting on top of this gate. I like the way the scene looked with him on the gate and the Keep Out sign, so I got out my camera to take a picture of it. I couldn't believe it when he looked down. It looked like he was actually reading the sign. I quickly snapped off as many photographs as I could to capture this. Luckily for me, my camera will take just over 3 pictures a second. When I started thinking about what I was going to paint today, I remembered this day and immediately found my photo reference from it. The only thing I really had to do was move the sign up so everything fit into this 6x6 inch canvas.

To see my step-by-step demo of this painting coming to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my work and all of the challenge paintings so far visit my website.
http://georgedechiara.com/



Comments

Popular Posts