Skip to main content

Fahrenheit 451 Sunflower by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Fahrenheit 451 Sunflower
by Nancy Medina

8X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

With the Dallas temperatures set on broil, my flowers are fading fast, except for one or two lovely little sunflower models in my studio. Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite science fiction stories from my childhood, and seemed a fitting name for this sunflower that seems to be aflame all on its own. I love sunflowers, they follow no rules and are messy and fun and bold and bright. And they are one of the few flowers that can take the Texas heat and keep on giving. Every spring around April, I toss a few seeds into the ground and I'm never disappointed. When my daylilies take a season off, my morning glories call it a night, my hydrangeas hide in the shade, I can always count on my sunflowers to withstand all that mother nature can give.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...