Red Rose Tea Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Red Rose Tea by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Canvas Panel

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Red Rose Tea is a small study completed today as a supporting work for my new four foot container garden of roses, Vintage Rose Container Garden. I've been on a rose journey for a while now, and you've trekked along patiently beside me, kindly holding your tongue about my yellow roses that occasionally look like smeary pizzas.

There is a bit of light at the end of the rose tunnel, though I am by no means even close to mastering them. Temperature and shape, supporting background colors, these all play an important role with roses. Vintage Rose is completed now, except for the edges on this large work, and will soon be on its way to a gallery. My last large rose garden, Summer Rose Container Garden, found a home last week with a family who winters in Las Vegas and summers in their cottage on Coronado Island in Southern California. I am delighted with that arrangement, since roses do love Coronado, and vice versa....!

Comments

Popular Posts