Skip to main content

Santa Fe Painting Workshop with Niki Gulley

“Convergence” Santa Fe, NM ©2011 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 24” x 36” pastel

On our last trip to New Mexico, we pulled over to photograph and paint this magnificent river gorge below. The clouds and light were just beautiful and I loved the contrast between the sun’s orange cast on the rock formations, the blue sky above and the deep purple hues on the distant hills and dramatic shadows. The two rivers converging created a perfect flowing composition, while the foreground rocks and scrub brush nicely anchored the corners of the painting. After being in Dallas surrounded by buildings and concrete, I just love getting to New Mexico with its vast open spaces, gorgeous skies and wild natural landscape, and I hope I can share those feelings with you in “Convergence.”

My husband and I have been teaching painting and photography workshops in Italy for the last four years, but since we love New Mexico so much, we decided to share our enthusiasm with our students and stay a little closer to home by teaching a week-long workshop in Santa Fe this August.

Santa Fe has been the muse of many famous artists and photographers, and that could be you, too! Join us for our Plein-Air Painting and Photography Workshop Aug. 7 -13 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We will take you to different picturesque locations daily offering demonstrations, plenty of guidance, and time for sight seeing while you hone your painting and/or photography skills. The workshop is filling up quickly, but we still have a couple of spots left if you would like to join us.

Plein-Air Painting & Photo Workshop
Taught by Scott Williams & Niki Gulley
Santa Fe, New Mexico
August 7 -13 / 2011
See nikigulley.com/?page_id=13 for more details or e-mail Niki Gulley with any questions.

Visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...