Skip to main content

Summer Fruits and Hydrangeas Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Summer Fruits and Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Canvas Board

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Summer Fruits and Hydrangeas is the newest painting in my series of studio hydrangea still lifes in Flower Mound Studio. Or one could say this is the newest painting in my latest bout of hydrangea obsession run amuck. I will just say for the record that no fruits were harmed in the painting of this picture. After the painting was completed, however, is another matter entirely. Plus there was the untimely demise of hydrangea number three, who suddenly became crispy wilty hydrangea overnight, although its brethren were still going strong at dawn.

Why hydrangea number three bit the dust is a mystery to me. Perhaps it was the angle of the cut on the stem before I put it into the water. Perhaps it did not appreciate being in the back of the painting, and not having a starring role. Whatever the reason, I kept number three in the painting as a tribute to its 24 hours of perseverance.

This painting is dedicated to the memory of hydrangea number three. He was a good hydrangea, a fresh, upstanding flower of the finest quality. He was taken from us much, much too soon.

Comments

Unknown said…
I loved the "obituary" of the poor departed hydrangea. Your work is wonderful.....

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...