Skip to main content

Moonstruck Stargazer Lily Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Moonstruck Stargazer Lily
by Nancy Medina
10X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Moonstruck Stargazer Lily is the small study that inspired my larger painting, Star Struck Stargazers. The Perseid Meteor Shower will peak tonight, but when I took the pugs out a few minutes ago, I could only see a few stars twinkling. I may need to set my alarm for 3 am for the best viewing, but stars are not so bright when you live in a town like Flower Mound, so close to Dallas.

When my three sisters and I were in our early teens (yes, four daughters all in their teens at the same time, can you imagine?), we stayed up all night and watched the Perseids Meteor Shower. My Dad laid a quilt in the back of his old green Ford pickup and we lay side by side, just us girls, counting the shooting stars until our giggling was so distracting we lost the tally. I don't remember it being hot, I don't remember the mosquitoes that must have been swarming. I do remember laughing with my sisters until my sides ached, and the gorgeous streaks of light that were endless in the sky, like diamonds falling through water. Sisters are not diamonds, but they sure are priceless! For a peek at the fresh flowers that inspired Moonstruck, visit my art blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...