It has been mighty hot & dray all summer long here in Texas, so I have been painting water and coastal places that are cooler than it is here. Normally, I do not paint many seascapes, but they are fun and it provides a break from the norm. "Night Watch" is a made up imagery place, along the coast that could be anywhere in the world. Inspiration for the painting came from my lighthouse collection and some pictures that I took along the seawall in Galveston. I might add, that a limited palette of three colors (Yellow Ochre + Alizarin Crimson + Thalo Green (Windsor Green) plus Titanium Whiter were the only colors used to mix the different values. This palette of colors is something that I learned from Dalhart Windberg. Enjoy!
To view more of my work, please visit www.kwoodfineart.com.
Also I have work avaiable for sale through The Dutch Art Gallery. Here is the link to their site http://www.dutchartusa.com/.

Comments