Skip to main content

Vibrant Floral & Colorful Still Life Artwork by Barbara J. Mason exhibiting during The Spirit Of Texas Art Show!

The Artist Of Texas are busy Painting!
_________________________________________________
The Artists of Texas 3rd Annual Show:
"The Spirit of Texas"


November 5 - December 31, 2011 at the Dutch Art Gallery
10233 E. Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 75238.
Above is one of my watercolor paintings
that will be in the Dutch Gallery exhibit,
titled: "Spanish Flag Morning Glories" by artist: Barbara J. Mason.
This painting was inspired by a photograph that I took early
one morning just before dawn when the morning glories
were still sleeping. Their colorful petals had not yet opened fully and
they were covered with dew drops. Morning Glory flowers open late in the day and
often only last for only one day with fresh new blooms daily.
I was attracted to the vibrant colors and the reflections within each dew drop!
The name of this particular morning glory is "Spanish Flag" because of it's colors!
After completing the painting, the flowers resembled multicolored chilli peppers!
And the chilli peppers reminded me, of Texas!
I was also tempted to change the name to
"The Impostor!"
Because the flowers in the painting
deceive the eye and demonstrates that
thing aren't always as they seem. And that adds a little bit of
mystery to the painting!
To see more of my painting , please visit the Dutch Art Gallery in November!
and follow me on the below listed links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...