"Evening Tide" by Kyle Wood





"Evening Tide" - 24" x 18" - Oil


Here is my latest oil painting that I just finished yesterday. Since the beginning of summer, I have been working on a creating a new series of lighthouse/coastal themed paintings. This is the third one in the series that I have created. The lighthouses themselves are not specified. Instead, they are imagery places that could be anywhere in the world.


For this painting, I chose to do a sunset and used lots of warm colors (yellow, reds, and oranges). For contract, I used the opposite complimentary colors of purple, green, and blue throughout the painting. The painting is also a vertical composition, which is more unusual than the horizontal format that I typically do. This composition worked out better vertically. Enjoy!

To view more of my paintings or other blogs, please visit www.kwoodfineart.com. Also, this will by first year as one the participating artists in the Third Annual Artists of Texas Show at The Dutch Art Gallery, starting in November. The reception date will be Saturday, November 5th. More information will be forthcoming. I look forward to seeing all the great work that everyone has created for this show!



























Comments

Popular Posts