Rodeo Plaza - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Rodeo Plaza
9x12 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!

This weekend I was invited to go paint at the Fort Worth Stockyards with a group of painters. We had beautiful weather to paint in on Saturday morning. After considering several interesting sites, I chose to paint this view of Fincher's Western Store because I was so drawn to the shadows against the white building and the clear blue sky. The view reminded me of something Edward Hopper (Early Sunday Morning) might paint and after spending the day painting it, I can better appreciate why he chose his subjects for a painting. For me, scenes like this are all about the abstract patterns, like the way the chimney on the roof creates a nice break in the big blue (sky) shape behind it. I am also attracted to the way the windows and shadows create interesting shapes in the big white space of the building's wall. These shapes are really what I was thinking about when I painted this.

To read more about this painting, visit my blog here.
To see more of work visit my web site here.

Comments

Popular Posts