Skip to main content

Painting White Rock Lake with Niki Gulley





9" x 12" oil painting, White Rock Lake, by Niki Gulley

Dallas Plein Air Painting Workshop with Niki Gulley
 Day 2 - Morning Location: White Rock Lake

On the second day of our plein-air painting workshop, we enjoyed a beautiful morning at White Rock Lake. Focusing on capturing water and the morning light, each painter picked a different vantage point, some choosing only natural subjects and others depicting sailboats on the horizon. I chose to paint these colorful boats largely for their vibrant colors and I liked how the line of the pier leads your eye back to the docked vessels. With a gentle breeze, the water had a little movement and shimmer to it that I suggested along with the vibrant foliage in this peaceful inlet. A perfect autumn morning!

Morning paintings at White Rock Lake.

If you'd like more information about my upcoming workshops in the US and Europe, visit nikigulley.com/?page_id=13.


Or, to see more of my local Dallas and travel paintings, please stop by the Bath House Cultural Center for my last show of the year, Nov. 18th - 20th. dallasculture.org/bathhouseculturecenter/index.asp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...