Skip to main content

The Big Babies, Percheron's by Ann Hoffpauir

© AnnHoffpauir

                                          The Big Babies, Percheron’s



   The two young draft horses in this watercolor are like the title indicates, big babies.  This breed of draft horse is called Percheron.  The draft horse is a very gentle and docile animal, making them easier to train and work with compared to regular sized horses.

   My youngest sister and dad bought and worked them.  I wanted to show the size of them by comparing them to a person.   My sister used the old beat up bucket to get the horses’ attention to come up to the barn so she could harness them for work or whatever.  This method works very well because when they see the bucket they think food.

   This watercolor is size 15x18.  I may be contacted at ahoffpauir26@yahoo.com  or visit my website at www.ArtworkbyAnn.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...