Last Leaves - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Last Leaves
8x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
 
So far, we are having a very mild winter down here in Texas with lots of rain and relatively warm weather. After a record-breaking dry and hot summer, this has been a most welcome change. It's also made for some great weather to get out and paint and that's exactly what I did for this painting. I went to a near by wildlife area and found this scene. I was immediately struck by the quality of light striking the very last leaves on this oak tree. It's late January and this tree is still not giving up the last of its leaves without a fight. Plus with all the rain we've had over the last 2 months, there's actually lots of fresh green growth in the grassy foreground and even a few green saplings coming up in the brush. 

To view more of my work visit my website http://georgedechiara.com/


Comments