Skip to main content

Red Star Daisy Delight by Texas Flower Painter Nancy Medina

Red Star Daisy Delight
by Nancy Medina

6X8
Oil on Linen Board
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Red Star Daisy Delight is a small study as I work through a couple of future paintings in my mind. I always begin the painting long before I prep the canvas. Ideas about color come first, then the flower, then dark background vs light background, still life versus vignette, etc. Sometimes I see a particular part first - the separation of the petals on a gerbera daisy laying on a white cloth in the studio today made me instantly realize I would be painting red gerberas, even though I had fully prepared to do a large hydrangea still life. Sometimes it's good to go with the flow, when the muses start singing, rather than change the station... Visit my art blog to see what inspired Red Star Daisy, and get a peek at the studio director in all her furry glory...




The fresh daisy stars take a bow!


AnnieBee on the couch, posing most especially for Theresa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...