Wash Day - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Wash Day
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I'm always on the look out for running water. It's by far one of my favorite subjects to paint so I very excited to discover a new little river just a few miles from our house. After spending a few minutes looking at different compositions of the running water and rocks, I choose this view, which, of course, turned out to be one of the more difficult locations to paint from. I had to set my easel up on top of a pile of rocks laying on the river bank and balance on one of the rocks to paint. Whenever I wanted to step back and see my progress, I had to carefully step down the pile of rocks to a little clearing so I could study my painting and then climb back up and make my adjustments. It's things like this that make painting outdoors interesting and a lot of fun.

To view more of my work visit my website http://georgedechiara.com/

Comments