Winter Light Red Geraniums by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Winter Light Red Geraniums
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Linen Board
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Winter Light is the newest geranium and daisy painting in the studio today. I am definitely on a red kick this week. I've been growing geraniums for over a decade, and last summer was so wet with so much rain my dry weather loving blossoms barely made an appearance. Imagine my excitement to find a whole aisle of geraniums at the nursery this weekend, just in time for my class at the Dallas Arboretum last Saturday. I'm going to spritz these little plants with water and talk to them and coax them into sticking around for a while. They need to earn their keep and model for a few more paintings! Visit my art blog to see the studio models who inspired this painting.

Comments