Skip to main content

Blue Jungle Hydrangeas by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Blue Jungle Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Blue Jungle is a new painting in Flower Mound Studio, the end of a birthday weekend. If someone had told me when I was 18 that I would be a serious artist (at least my intentions are serious!) by the time I turned 50, I probably would not have been a bit surprised. I was pretty sure I wanted to be an artist even at that early age, but my parents talked me out of it. They told me if I were an artist I would starve, and I really think they believed they were doing me favor by telling me this. So I took their advice and chose another career. I became a journalist. (Journalists out there, I hear you laughing....) The good news is my journalism career does give me the time I need to have two full time jobs, and the second one, being an artist, makes it all worthwhile. Someday that will be the only hat I wear, but for now, the day job sure helps pay for the art supplies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...