Skip to main content

Early Bird Irises - Flower Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Early Bird Irises by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Early Bird Irises is a new study in the studio this week, based on some early blooming irises from my garden today. The storms that blew through on Monday had pushed a few stalks of these lovely bloomers almost to the ground in my new iris beds, so I carefully selected a few and placed them in a vase with some greenery. I hope these beauties last a few days, they'll be the perfect models for my large iris commission this week.

I got a little frustrated and almost wiped this painting off the canvas earlier. But the one iris with a white belly appealed for reconsideration, and I decided to salvage what had become a bit muddy by laying in a light background to try to brighten things up a bit and provide some contrast and temperature variation. One of the happy accidents were the interesting negative shapes that emerged! Take a peek at my art blog to see the flowers that inspired Early Birds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...