Skip to main content

Spring Dance Purple Iris Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Spring Dance Purple Iris
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Linen Board
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Spring Dance is another new work in the purple theme this week as I produce studies for a large iris commission. While this is not palette knife, I used the brush to produce fat, thick strokes of color, blending in order to give a sense of the wind whipping the flower around. I wanted to share a few of the new tulip photos I took at the Dallas Arboretum during my Artscape show last weekend with you. If you didn't make it to the show and missed all the Dallas Blooms Fest color, stay tuned to my art blog, I've got plenty of photos to share in the next few weeks. So many that you might wonder how I got any work done in my art tent! The secret is, every morning before the show opened, and right before the park gates opened, I snuck away for morning photos. I wish I were a better photographer, but at least these will always give me good memories of my best art show ever. Thanks so much to every sweet soul who came out to support me and brave the crowds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...