Skip to main content

Barbara Mason wins Award at National Pastel 2012

The Wichita Center for the Arts
Pastel National 2012
Award Winners

I am pleased to announce that my artwork
"Strawberry Fusion"
won Second Place Award
in the Pastel National 2012 Exhibit!!

Pastel Natonal 2012 | March 30 - May 13, 2012
This exhibition is a national showcase, highlighting the art of pastel on paper. This year’s exhibit was juried by Master Pastelist, Sally Strand.

The Pastel National 2012 Exhibition is generously underwritten

by the Fred C. and Mary R. Koch Foundation.

___________________________________


First Place
Mary R. Koch Memorial Award
The Dragon Fruit
Sangita Phadke
Colts Neck, New Jersey
_______________________________



Second Place
Strawberry Fusion
Barbara J. Mason
Frisco, Texas
_________________________




Third Place
Sky’s On Fire
Michael Duane
Overland Park, Kansas
__________________________

Honorable Mention
First Snow in Galisteo
Richard Hayek
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Honorable Mention
Tiger Girl
Patricia Elliott Schappler
Bedford, New Hampshire

Honorable Mention
Still Life with Bottles and Crow
Michael Mahoney
Macomb, Illinois

Honorable Mention
Prism Escape
Mike Barret Kolasinski
Chicago, Illinois

Juror's Statement
I applaud the Wichita Center of the Arts for the high caliber work submitted

to the Pastel National Exhibition 2012. Due to the quality of the artwork,

my role as juror and judge was personally challenging.

In viewing the entries and selecting the awards,

I looked for three things: a high level of craft or technical accomplishment,

conceptual substance, and a sense of authenticity reflecting the artist’s personal vision.

It has been an honor for me to spend time with the works of so many talented artists.

A special thanks to each participant for entering. I anticipate a wonderful show.

- Sally Strand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...