Skip to main content

Barbara Mason's artwork at Arlington Museum Of Art

A Walk With C.S. Lewis, at Arlington Museum of Art.
I will have two pieces of artwork in the exhibit.
"Corridor of Contemplation" (shown above) and "Finding My Door".
This artwork reflects my artistic interpretation of
A Place To Wait In- "Mere Christianity "by C.S. Lewis.
_______________________________________________________

Artwork Title: Corridor of Contemplation

This is my full artist Inspiration Statement!

"Mere" Christianity is like a hall out of which doors open into several rooms.

We are led to this hallway seeking what God has for us,

His ultimate plan and mission for each individual life.

Inside each door is a unique room designed just for you.

In the hallway that Lewis describes ,

I imagined a corridor with all types of people. People seeking ,

praying , interceding and patiently awaiting for God's wisdom and guidance.

In my painting I imagine the corridor is long and broad

with lanterns lit to illuminate the pathway.

I created a hallway that is grand yet simplistically designed.

Imagine individuals making multiple attempts to find the door

that enters into their room, and others lingering

in the hallway with uncertainty .

Lewis states, " that the hallway is not a place to live or

camp out", merely a place to wait until you hear from the Lord

regarding which direction you should go.

In my Christian journey I have been in this corridor many times

and I have opened doors an visited may rooms.

I don't believe there is just one door or just one room for each of us.

I believe there is a door for each spiritual level that God takes us through.

This Hallway will always lead to the" True Door" for your specified time,

purpose and season that God has ordained for you.

My Scripture Inspiration is:

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV)

This is also my faith statement and the origin of the name

for my Greeting card business,

"N DUE SEASON".

www.ndueseason.com

____________________________________________________

This is my full Artist Inspiration Statement for the painting titled:
"Finding My Door".

This second painting also relates to C.S. Lewis writing " A Place To Wait In."

Lewis describes Christianity being like a hallway with many doors.

In the hallway that C.S. Lewis writes about a hallway that leads

to the" True Door" for your specific time, purpose and season

that God has ordained for you.

Once inside the door there is a room that is worth waiting to enter.

I envision my door looking like this painting.

Chosen not because of its colorful appearance but

when examined carefully, my door is weathered with the trials

and experiences of my life. A rustic beauty that stands strong regardless

of its size, climatic changes or threat of destruction.

This door represents the artistic level of my life. After seeking

and praying for direction God led me to this door, that is filled with color and life.

The flower pot in front of my door signifies life and growth.

Once inside the room I am surrounded with the company of great artist

and the room is bursting with creativity.

My Scripture inspiration is:

In all they ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6 KJV

This scripture was given to me by my adopted church mother when I was a young girl!

This is the main reason why I can personally relate to C.S. Lewis regarding this topic.

______________________________________________

For more details go to: http://www.awalkwithcslewis.com/ or
http://arlingtonmuseum.org/exhibitions/artist-showcase-exhibit/

Reception is held April 20, 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the AMA.

Dr. David Naugle, Chair of the Philosophy Dept. at DBU will be sharing a lecture on C.S. Lewis entitled, "With Their Christianity Latent" a quote from Lewis' work, God in the Dock. This will be held May 17th 2-3 p.m. at the AMA. We are honored to have him as our guest speaker.

All the art work has been inspired by the life and writing of C.S. Lewis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...