Heavy Runoff - An original oil painting by George De Chiara



Heavy Runoff
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
  A few days after we had a good rain storm, I painted this scene. I had figured that what is normally a little creek with a nice trickle of water would be moving pretty good, but I never expected there to be so much runoff. Almost all the rocks had water flowing over them, with just the tallest peaks staying dry. In fact, the spot I normally paint from when I go there was completely underwater as well, so I had to stand on the rocks on the edge of the river and balance my easel and myself very carefully, making sure neither one fell into the water. This made for quite the challenge when painting. For those of you curious where this is, it's at Bob Findlay Linear Park in Arlington's Interlochen subdivision.

To see more of my work visit my website- http://georgedechiara.com/

Comments