Skip to main content

Marilyn Monroe Red Geraniums by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Marilyn Monroe Red Geraniums
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Marilyn Monroe Red Geraniums was my class demo today. Nicole and Deanna and I spent the day painting geraniums, sunflowers, and pansies. We took some breaks to stretch our legs and throw the ball for Studio Director AnnieBee and then to have some homemade quiche and chocolate strawberry shortcake with whippy creme for lunch.

Nicole is a senior in high school and had never painted before, but did a beautiful job with her lively, colorful sunflower painting. She really put her imprimatur on her work, selecting bold blue colors for the background and nice big leaves and stalks to set off her colorful sunflowers. I had two more paintings to finish after my students went home, and a big new painting to photograph in the garden. Camelia Rose Container Garden, 60X48, will be shipping to Art and Frame by Wood Gallery in Coronado, California next week for my art show on April 21. I'll be painting in the garden for my annual solo show that Saturday, and love visiting the island during the Coronado Flower Show. What a great place for flower nuts like me. Be sure to stop in and say hello if you are in the area. I'll be sad if I miss you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...