Painting Roses and Hydrangeas and a Flower Garden Tour of Coronado Island by Texas Artist Nancy Medina


My demo for my Coronado Solo Show

Joy in the Journey
Hydrangea & Rose Container Garden
by Nancy Medina
20X30
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Available through
Art and Frame by Wood Gallery

Joy in the Journey was my demo painting for my solo show on Saturday on Coronado Island near San Diego, California at Art and Frame by Wood Gallery. Thank you to everyone who came to the gallery to say hello - because of you, this was my most successful California art show ever, with new container garden paintings going to new homes! I was very excited to meet several gals who are interested in taking classes in San Diego, so as soon as I can track down a good location for hosting art classes, I will set up some dates and be on my way to the West Coast to teach. If you've got the place, I've got the paint - and I am always looking for an excellent reason to travel to my favorite place to visit and one of the best place for flowers in the country!


Check out my blog for images from my solo show painting in the garden at the gallery. For all my fellow flower fanatics, this weekend I found out a new secret about pansies I had never heard before, not even from my lovely pansy pal on the East Coast, so I'll be sharing that with you soon. I also have a photo of the BIGGEST rose I have ever seen in my entire life. And that's a long time. Today, I've posted a few photos from the garden of the second place award winning home during the annual Coronado Flower Show. This is the second place award winning home. So you can just imagine what the FIRST PLACE home looked like. And if you are wondering, I got photos of first place for you, too. I'll be sharing those images with you over the next few weeks, stay tuned to my blog!

Started at 11 am, finished at 4:30 pm!

Comments