Wild Purple Garden Gate by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Wild Purple Garden Gate
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Wild Purple Garden Gate is a bit of reality mixed with fantasy. I took one trellis I loved from my trip to Coronado Island, CA, and combined a few favorite southern climbers into the mix. The inspiration for Wild Purple is shown on my art blog today, and you might not recognize what inspired the painting compared with what it actually ended up being - I'm afraid this is just one of those tangents my mind takes every once in a while, going off in a completely different direction than reality! Tonight I'm packing up my studio for a trip to Fredericksburg, Texas, where I will be teaching a three day class. I have high hopes that the lavender fields will be in bloom when I arrive!

Comments