Skip to main content

Simmering Summer Art Trails

"Red Hot Chevy" Impala  Pastel Painting by Barbara J. Mason


My artwork is on the simmering trails this summer!  For starters I will have two pieces of 
artwork on display at Huffiness Car Dealership in Plano, "Red Hot Chevy"  and "Big Blue"!
"Big Blue" - Chevy Bel Aire Pastel Painting by Barbara J. Mason


Huffines Chevrolet and Texas Women’s Caucus For Arts Present
“What Drives you?” Exhibition

Friday, May 18 - Wednesday June 6 2012 at
Huffines Chevrolet Showroom on 1001Coit Road, Plano TX
Visit our showroom and see the beautiful original art created by
Texas WCA members among the beautiful cars.
Reception is on
Thursday, May 24 , 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Opening remarks by Deputy City Manager - LaShon D. Ross
Come and enjoy cars, art, hours ‘devours, drinks and fun
 __________________________________________________________________________

"Dragonfly Jewels" Pastel by Barbara J. Mason

 It will be exhibiting in Illinois this weekend! I will be exhibiting artwork in Springfield, Illinois
this weekend at the On the downtown square! I am booth #40! A big thanks to the collectors that purchased commissioned and pre-exhibit artwork!
 I am blessed to have faithful art lovers and collectors in Illinois!
I will be bringing many new works that represent my latest technique in pastel as well as multiple
small pieces for the Children's Booth! So bring your kids so that they can become young collectors! Artwork at children's booth is priced at $4, $5, $6 for original artwork! 
The art show is Saturday(5/19?2012) 10am-5pm  and Sunday (5/20-2012) 10am-4pm.
_________________________________________________________________________

"Tribal Offerings" Watercolor Painting by Barbara J. Mason

I am also pleased to announce that I have just received 
2nd Place in Watercolor at the 57th Annual  Irving Art Association Members Exhibit! 
Please stop by Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Drive, 
Irving, TX. 75062  (May 1-May 24, 2012.
 Last year when I participated in this exhibit, my artwork "Fruitful " received Best In Show!
This year my artwork "Tribal Offering" was the second place watercolor winner! 
The fruit theme is working well!! (smile)
Artwork "Tribal Offerings" is also selected to participate in the 2012 Winner's Exhibit,
 June 2-July 8th at Irving arts Center (3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX).

A few of my personal favorites who won awards are:

Best In Show: Helen Bailey:
 "Innocence" colored pencil/pastel: 
Helen is a great artist with a wonderful spirit and talent!
she paints the most beautiful horses that I have seen! 
President's Award: Ernie Benton : 
"Radiant Beauty" Acrylic painting. Ernie is another personal 
friend of mine and a wonderful artist who paints jazz musicians, figurative, still life artwork!
 I am proud to a collector of his work!
Honorable Mention: Nancy Becker Medina:
"Viola & Pansies" oil.
Nancy is a great christian friend of mine that paints floral and still life artwork. 
We exhibit together at Artscape, with the Artist of Texas and
 various other local TX. venues.  Nancy is a very accomplished
oil painter with a big heart!
Third Place: Water Media: Sandhya Manne
 " Blue Budda" water media.
Sandya taught me Zentangle! She was my first instructor and we have been friends every since.
If you are interested in learning this new method of free-style drawing she will be more than willing to 
come out and teach a class for you. To contact Sandhya go to  : www.sandhyamanne.com

1st Place Drawing: Beverly Fuqua
 "In the Thicket of Things: colored pencil.
Beverly is a full spirited- go getter! She worked endlessly organizing this exhibit!
 She is an awesome wildlife and pet portrait artist! 

A big congratulations to all of the other award winners 
and all of the artist who participated in this Exhibit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...