Skip to main content

Yellow Cottage Rose Arbor and a Texas Hill Country Flower Painting Workshop by Nancy Medina


Yellow Cottage Rose Arbor 
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase Information


Yellow Cottage Rose Arbor is based on the cottage gardens of Coronado, California - I got lots of great pictures when I was there 2 weeks ago for my annual solo show at Art and Frames by Wood Gallery on Orange Avenue. As soon as I got home from Coronado, it was time to pack up the studio and head to Fredericksburg, Texas, where I taught a 3 day flower painting class in the Hill Country.

The 12 gals who joined me at The Good Art Company school painted hydrangeas, daisies, and sunflowers. I am pretty sure someone spiked the kolaches, because there was an awful lot of laughing happening! In between painting, we had cheese danish, chocolate cake donuts, apple turnovers, and on the last day J'Lynn even shared her secret stash of chocolate chip cookies! A huge thank you to everyone who came to the workshop, I sure hope you enjoyed yourself and took home some great tools for your painting apron!

Thanks especially to Betty, who traveled all the way from Durango, Mexico, by herself, two plane rides, one long car ride, just to study with me. It is a bit humbling when students come from so far to study with you, and I had some lovely ladies from Tennessee, New Jersey, and quite a few from all over Texas joining me this weekend. Visit my art blog to see all the pictures! We painted fast and loose and had a lot of fun with color. And an added bonus was a pet friendly family reception Friday afternoon after class. The gals brought all their favorite critters, both two legged and four legged, to the event. Molly and Morgan, two four footed cutey pies from Tennessee, and Bob the Studio Dog were on paw to greet all their adoring fans and enjoy the special doggy bags Mary Katherine prepared. I could tell from the smacking and gulping those treats were delish!

My next workshop is May 12 at the Dallas Arboretum. I sure hope to see you there!





My students' sunflowers were blossoming all over the place!


No shortage of smiles around here!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...