Skip to main content

White Roses and the Story of My Great-Grandmother's Haunted Bedroom by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Blue Satin White Roses by Nancy Medina 
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


It was definitely time for a change of pace in the studio, so we put the sunflowers in the kitchen, and turned our attention to white roses today in Flower Mound Studio. These roses remind me of a chipped china cup in my great grandmother's kitchen in Palestine, Texas. She lived in a big old two story house all alone, had her own garden out back, and was completely independent, despite having been blind since she was in her 20s. Visit my art blog to read more about my great-grandmother, and the Peacock Bedroom, which she assured my sisters and I was haunted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...