Skip to main content

"Natural Textures," New Aspen tree painting by Niki Gulley


"Natural Textures" ©2012 Niki Gulley
24" x 24" textured oil painting 

     In this painting I wanted the focus to be on texture. Usually I paint with a lot of color, but I opted to use a limited palette on this piece to really concentrate on the peeling bark of the birch trees. Choosing to come in extremely close on the subject, I played around with various palette knife strokes, moving around extremely thick paint to add depth. And, of course I at the end, I had to throw in a few of my signature strokes of color – a splash of gold, some touches of lavender, and just a dab of red for added excitement and unexpected color twists. 
     Natural Textures can be hung alone or with its companion piece, Natural Textures II.

If you would like to see "Natural Textures" and more of my textured birch and aspen tree paintings, please stop by my booth at the Lincoln Park Art and Music Festival this weekend.

Lincoln Park Art and Music Festival
July 7 and 8 • noon – 8 pm
Chicago, IL
Booth #90 • on Racine between Fullerton and Webster
chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=189

***

NikiGulley.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...