Skip to main content

Red Roses and a Hill Country Flower Painting Workshop by Texas Artist Nancy Medina


Red Roses of Fredericksburg
by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas




Red roses, sunflowers, white roses and daisies were blooming in my Fredericksburg, Texas workshop this weekend in the Hill Country. In addition to dozens of flowers, we painted clear blue glass vases and patterned white and blue china vases, and sampled cheese and cherry kolaches made fresh each morning. A drenching rain came down at the end of our last class, and in an area that has suffered massive drought for over three years, this was a rare gift. I watched shopkeepers step outside their doors and stretch their hands into the rain, and every one was smiling. I love teaching in Fredericksburg, it has not lost that small town feeling. It's far enough off the beaten path to have avoided the sprawl that has hit so much of Texas. If you're ever in the area, stop in to The Good Art Company Gallery and say howdy to Mary Katherine and Brendan, the owners. If you're really lucky, you might even get to meet the famous Bob the Studio Dog, AnnieBee's heart-throb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...