Skip to main content

Lipstick Red Poppies by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Lipstick Red Poppies
10X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


My poppy obsession blossoms as work continues on a large Italian landscape commission - one of those wonderful, lovely assignments where the client has faith in me and cheers me on every step of the way! I've been thinking a lot lately about the balance between my day job as a magazine editor and my night job in the studio as an artist, and my weekend job as an art instructor, and how the balance becomes more precarious with time, and I guard my time in the studio jealously. 

If I were single, I would be one of those people who forgets to eat and uses dish soap in the shower because buying shower soap is so far down my list of priorities. I would live on bags of potato chips and M&Ms, and would forget to change my jeans into something without paint spatters on those rare occasions when I went out in public. Are you one of those folks who has found yourself in this race? What on earth triggers such a thing, I wonder? One thing I do know, it is a wonderful journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...