Skip to main content

White Roses, Larkspur and Kiwi Step by Step and a Texas Flower Painting Workshop by Nancy Medina



White Roses, Larkspur and Kiwi
by Nancy Medina

Class Demo, Irving, Texas

16X20
Oil on Linen Board
White Roses, Larkspur and Kiwi was my demo painting for class today in Irving, Texas, at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts and the first time I ever painted kiwi. I've shared it with you step by step below, and also some photos of my student's paintings. It was one of those classes where I wanted to grab up all the luscious student paintings and run out of the building saying Mine Mine Mine!! 

The kiwi was fun to paint, and I am sure I'll do it again, but I had forgotten to bring a knife so attempted to saw the fruit in half with a pair of blunt scissors, until one of my students whipped out her handy dandy exacto knife and saved the day. Mushy kiwi is not pretty. Trust me on that. To see this painting step by step, see some of my students' paintings and glean some insightful observations about kiwi, click here...

Put a little joy in your brush and
join me for my upcoming workshops
in the Texas Hill Country and 
Memphis-Germantown, Tennessee!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...