Skip to main content

Plein Air Painting taught by Niki Gulley, Santa Fe


SANTA FE ART TREK:  Plein Air Painting / Photography Workshop with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams  
Day 4, afternoon location - Red Rocks
9" x 12" textured oil by Niki Gulley

That afternoon, we moved on to this fascinating rock outcropping that seems to rise out of nowhere with intense red hues and hundreds of cracks and crevices that actually look hand-sculpted rather than naturally made. Again, each painter picked a different vantage point, with some capturing the whole formation, while others cropped in tight on a close-up of the cliffs, and I chose to just include the edge of them contrasted against the distant purple mountain and a sliver of the road cutting through the rocky terrain.

Painting at the red rocks formation.


Visit nikigulley.com/artreks/ for upcoming Art Treks and Workshops or 
E-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

For new classes and workshops in Texas this fall, see nikigulley.com/art-classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...