Skip to main content

Dallas Scenes by watercolor artist Liana Yarckin


Bridge at Exall Lake
11x14
by Liana Yarckin

How lucky was I?  My preschooler did not have school on this past Monday.  As I drove him to his friend's house, I saw a group of artists painting on Lakeside.  After dropping off my child, I went back to talk to the artists.  I asked them if I could please paint with them, it was a gorgeous breezy day and painting alone is so lonely.  I blew off my errands and ran home to get my supplies.  

Not bragging, but, I am so pleased with my painting - it is the fruit of plein air painting.  What I love about plein air, aside from being outdoors, is that you have to be quick as the sun is moving and the scene is changing...   read more

Interestingly enough, Artists of Texas' artist, Niki Gulley was in the group.  What a small world.  If any local artists are interested in plein air painting, please contact me and we will get a group going.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...