TEXAS LANDSCAPE 1 by Linda Popple


12x12 Oil on Cradled Panel
To view larger click on painting.
To view my blog click HERE.
On a beautiful autumn day a couple of weeks ago I drove to Glen Rose to paint.  In my rush to leave I forgot my mineral spirits - remembered just as I was approaching the Glen Rose square.  I was also short on time, so decided to leave my paints in the car and take some photographs.  The Texas landscape can sometimes be barren, but not this time.  Because we have had some good rain this season, the land displayed her color in all its glory.  I am continuing to discover the joys of painting the landscape and Texas has some beautiful and interesting views.

In keeping with this little Texas theme and with politics present, here is a quote from Molly Ivens .....
 Good thing we've still got politics in Texas -- finest form of free entertainment ever invented.

AND, btw, I voted yesterday ..... have you?

Comments