Skip to main content

"Luminescent Radiance" New Textured Lily Pond painting by Niki Gulley

"Luminescent Radiance" ©2013 Niki Gulley
Two 48" x 24" canvases with one 48" x 30" canvas in the middle to form a 48" x 78" triptych
Textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

I decided it would be a fun challenge to create an extremely large painting, and I wanted the final piece to be very uplifting, colorful and full of energy. Opting for warm colors and working with extremely thick paint and palette knives, I chose this lily pond reference from our visit to Monet's Gardens in Giverny, France. The grounds were breathtaking and I could actually see his paintings come to life. I was drawn to the energetic flow and yet calming serenity in this view, and I positioned the water lilies and my paint strokes in a curving pattern to add to that mood. The morning light peeking through the distant foliage added to a sense of mystery and promise that I wanted to capture in paint, and share with you that feeling of hope.

This painting and more of Niki Gulley's textured landscape paintings are on exhibit at American Fine Art Gallery in Dallas. See americanfineart.com for details.

Web - NikiGulley.com • E-mail - Niki Gulley



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...