Skip to main content

Pink Pilate Poppies by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Pink Pilate Poppies
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Museum Quality Linen Panel


Pink Pilate Poppies is the newest work in Flower Mound Studio, as Hannah and AnnieBee snore contentedly on their pillows by my feet. They like to stay up late with me every evening when I paint, because one never knows when some exciting food related activity will occur in Flower Mound Studio! Pink Pilates is based on my library of photographs from a visit to Salt Lake City Utah a few yeas ago, when the poppies in the mountains were in full bloom. As the poppies faded and finished their bloom, they turned a crimson tinged pink with Indian red edges. The wrinkled, faded poppies had such unusual colors I wanted to try to capture just a little of that in these blossoms today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...