Skip to main content

Winter Poppy Garden and a Chocolate Cake from Scratch by Texas Artist Nancy Medina


Winter Poppy Garden 
by Nancy Medina
36X24
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Winter Poppy Garden is the newest large work in the studio, and since it is a holiday weekend, it seemed the perfect time to make one my Mom's favorite cakes from scratch. Jo's Chocolate Cake came from one of those old co-op cookbooks from the 1960s. I thought you might like to see the recipe exactly as it appears, authentic with no fancy fonts or artificial ingredients included, so I've placed a photo of the page on my art blog today. I substituted milk with a teaspoon of sour creme for the buttermilk, and it tasted just as good. Be sure to serve warm with a big glass of milk! It's a perfect snack for a chilly winter evening while lounging on the couch with a snuggly friend a great old movie on TV.



Winter Poppies on the Porch



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...