Skip to main content

Afternoon Light Red Tulips by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Afternoon Light Red Tulips
by Nancy Medina
18X18
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

Afternoon Light is the newest painting in Flower Mound Studio, as I pack my bags for a trip back to East Texas to spend time with Mom. The hubby brought me a big bowl of cheese popcorn as I was finishing up this new floral, and later a piece of Hershey's chocolate provided that essential fuel needed to finish! Thank goodness for carbs and caffeine to keep those creative juices flowering!

Studio Director AnnieBee and I have been spending quite a bit of time in East Texas at the farm with my Mom. Mom is settling into a new routine with visits from hospice and doctor's orders that she should eat "absolutely anything she wants from this time forward." This does not bode well for my waistline. Last week, I spied an old turntable in her piano room and dragged it out into the kitchen, so she could hear the music. After playing Moonlight Serenade, Little Brown Jug, The St Louis Blues and Tuxedo Junction, I played this: Frank Sinatra - It Was a Very Good Year Mom was dozing while the music played. When she woke up, she smiled and told me she had had the best dream. She said she dreamed I had found her old record player and brought it into the kitchen, and I had played some of her favorite old songs for her. We both giggled when I told her it hadn't been a dream at all. It was a very good day.



Afternoon Light on the easel....

Comments

Unknown said…
popcorn, cheese and chocolate did a very good effect because your tulips are very beautiful!!.
I wish you a good trip and a beautiful time with your mom.And I wish that her health getting better.

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...