Skip to main content

Burrito Wagon by Kay Wyne



Burrito Wagon
24" x 24" Mixed Media
NFS
This is one of my very first stabs at mixed media.  It started in a workshop, and then I completed it in the studio.  I had used images of some of our favorite places in New Mexico, and because of the subject matter and colors my husband John really liked this piece and it hangs in our home office.
Here is a close-up, as you can see there is a lot going on.  Fabric, torn paper, crayons, confetti paper, old map, paint and images of New Mexico cover the canvas.  I was visiting with another artist the other day, encouraging her to try mixed media..... so this post is for Susan.  Susan is a photographer with a wonderful portfolio.  The possibilities are limitless for some new work, maybe mixed media, using altered photographs.  I found some wonderful papers and images the other day, and it was kind of putting me in the mood to tackle another mixed media piece.  I always have my oils out, so pulling out the acrylics and mixed media supplies always shakes things up.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art posted here.  Have a great day.....Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...