Skip to main content

Daisy Chain Daisies and a Valentine's Workshop by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


 Daisy Chain Daisies and Larkspur
by Nancy Medina

Class Demonstration
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel


Daisy Chain Daisies and Larkspur was my class demonstration this morning for my Valentine's Weekend Workshop in Irving, Texas. We had such a fun painting session today and this talented group of ladies produced some of the prettiest blue hydrangeas I have ever seen! I was also very proud that even though we were a small group, they assisted me in putting an admirable dent in the box of double glazed chocolate covered donuts without complaint or hesitation whatsoever.

There was not a single sunflower to be found at Central Market *sound of harps* when I went flower shopping for this workshop a few days ago. Granted it was Valentine's week. Granted the well trained husbands were all lined up with their smart phones and business casual attire, queuing politely and awaiting each of their hand picked bouquets for their honeys. As I silently saluted these wonderful guys for not stopping at the gas station for their sweetheart's gifts, I also wondered which was the culprit who scarfed up all the sunflowers! No worries, once I spotted those bright yellow daisies, all was well in the flower world again, and the balance and order of all things colorful was restored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...