Skip to main content

Plein Air Painting in Venice with Niki Gulley


"Romantic Passage," Venice ©2013 Niki Gulley
12" x 9" • textured oil painting

We just got back from teaching our latest Painting and Photography Art Trek in Venice during Carnivalé and had the most amazing time! The weather was ideal our first day there, and we found our way to this quiet landing to paint a typical Venetian canal. I liked the way the sunlight reflected across the water's surface, and I really wanted to capture a gondola in that lit space, but since they move so quickly that was no easy task! Luckily around 11am, there was a steady stream of gondolas passing by our location. I found myself painting as quickly as I could while one came into my composition, and if I didn't capture it in time, fortunately another vessel would come into view shortly afterwards, and I was really pleased with the results.

If you'd like to join us on one of our upcoming Art Treks, please let me know. The final registration deadline of March 1st for our Tuscany and Cinque Terre/Lake Como, Italy workshops is quickly approaching!

Or, closer to home I'll be leading a Plein Air Painting Workshop sponsored through the Good Art Company gallery in Fredericksburg, TX, April 5-7, during Texas wildflower season.


ArtTreks
Tuscany, Italy - Sept. 6-14
Cinque Terre and Lake Como, Italy - Sept. 13-22
Plein Air Painting / Photography Workshop
Led by Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
Final Registration Deadline: March 1st
For more details, E-mail Niki Gulley or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.


Plein Air Painting in the Texas Hill Country
April 5-7, 2013

These workshops are filling up quickly, so we encourage you to register soon!

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...