Skip to main content

Early Garden Purple Iris by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Early Garden Purple Iris
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




Early Garden Purple Iris is based on a scene from my garden today where my purple irises are already blooming! Texas has such fickle weather, we had 35 degrees one day, and 80 degrees the next, and I suppose these purple blossoms got kicked into gear - I'm sure MUCH too early for the real iris experts taste. These bulbs originated from Argyle Acres Iris Garden, and are tiny flowers, very dark purple, and come from a vintage line of award winning irises. I love a flower with a pedigree, don't you? My flowers and my pugs both come from champion lineage, while the artist is from much humbler stock....

The days are counting down until my last day at the corporate office next Wednesday - the last day of my magazine editor day job! I would be fibbing if I didn't admit I have moments of sheer panic, wondering how I am going to pay the electric bill in August, and how we will pay taxes and car registrations and those little zingers that come every once in a while that are harder to plan for. But then I take a deep breath and tell myself, it will all work out. Where there is a will, there is a way. And I have never wanted anything more than to be an artist and an art teacher. Nothing makes me happier! Well, and donuts. And maybe chocolate...!



Early Garden Purple Iris on the easel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...