Skip to main content

Purple Iris and Goodbye Corporate America by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Iris and White Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel


I brought a few of my water drenched purple iris in from the chill this evening and put them under the spotlight. It took about 30 minutes for them to give up the iris ghost, but their beautiful purples hung in there just long enough for me to mix a shade of fuschia I could live with. I'm washing the brushes, putting my paints away, and mentally preparing for tomorrow, the last day of my life in corporate America. Two weeks ago, I gave my notice for my six-figure day job as a magazine director. Tomorrow I will turn in my office key, carry my cardboard box of plaques and pictures out of the office, and fulfill my dream of becoming a full time artist and art teacher. Thanks to everyone who has sent words of encouragement and courage and their own stories of making the same decision - and thriving! I am needing courage right now! I'm hopeful that my art will continue to grow, and excited about what comes next in this next chapter. One thing is certain, there is no turning back. It's time to follow some bliss!

 Follow Your Bliss ~ Joseph Campbell




Purple Iris on the easel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...