Skip to main content

"Embracing Possibilities" New Gerber Daisy painting by Niki Gulley

"Embracing Possibilities" ©2013 Niki Gulley
36" x 48" textured oil painting


I wanted to paint something bright, happy and graphic that would always cause you to smile when you looked at it, and these colorful Gerber Daisies were the perfect flower to do just that. Purposely choosing vivid warm colors for the flowers and the background, with complimentary lime and emerald greens for contrast, suggest the joyful, uplifting mood I wanted to convey. Working from the still life and arranging the flowers in a diagonal pattern, imply a playfulness and energy, while painting the Gerbers larger than life and against an uncluttered background add dramatic impact.


If you'd like to see more of Niki Gulley's palette knife florals and contemporary landscape paintings, please stop by Art City Austin this weekend.

Art City Austin
Sat. April 13 • 10am - 6pm
Sun. April 14 • 11am - 6pm
Austin, TX • Downtown Austin
2nd Street Retail and Shopping District

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...