Skip to main content

Oilfield Icon - Pumpjack

22x30 watercolor on Arches 140 lb cold press paper with Daniel Smith/American Journey paints.  My photo reference is between Big Spring and Snyder, Texas in what is now known as the new and largest ever oil discovery, the Cline Shale.  I took 3 days to carefully and painstakingly draw this directly onto the support, then all week to finish it.  The original pumpjack was painted a pale yellow so I've used artistic license to darken the metal frame and its supporting structures.  A farmer was plowing in the cotton field to the right but he's left out of the composition of this very large pumpjack, the icon of the oilfield.

Email for more information:  1971ks@att.net
Blog:  http://kaysmithbrushworks.blogspot.com/
Site:  www.kaysmith.artspan.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...