Skip to main content

SOLD ~ Rosy Roses and Goodbye Morning Commute by Texas Floer Artist Nancy Medina


Rosy Sunday Red Rose
by Nancy Medina

SOLD
8X10
Oil on Archival Panel


Rosy Sunday Red Rose is an original small work, drying in Flower Mound Studio. This morning when I woke up, I had an instant flash of what the morning would bring: a rush hour Dallas commute, a communal coffeepot, sitting at a metal desk all day, and the bliss of budget spreadsheets. I began to hyperventilate. Then it occurred to me, no more corporate life! I'm still not quite used to being a full time artist, but this nice short-term memory of mine allows me moment after moment of realization and joy, all over again, ad infinitum! 

Now I pad into Flower Mound Studio in my flip flops and pink robe, take a peek at my painting from the previous day, and line up the paintings that need to ship that morning. This morning paintings shipped to Oregon, Florida, Maine and New Zealand, and I realized it was time to order more 18X14 boxes and more packing tape. I put that on my list, made myself another cup of tea, and meandered out to the garden to see if the Dove was still sitting on her nest. There she was, almost eye to eye with me, bravely facing me without leaving her eggs. I've decided that fear is no longer part of the equation of this new job as a full time artist. Faith, however, shall be embraced in generous quantities. I put a little peanut butter flavored bird seed near the nest, and went to enjoy the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...